My photo
Hi. I like to write, I expect you like to read. What say we strike up an acquaintance?

Prelude to Our Conclusion

I see Us dying before e we’ve been born

A light that could have been

Dimming into nothingness

Darkness

One that dominates my senses

Stimulates my memory

To a time beneath the velvet skies

Under the canopy of glistening celestial diamonds

In my mind

The fragrance of your hair still plays coyly with my nostrils

The caress of your hands still tingle my skin

Like the sea breeze on a warm night

I can still feel the silkiness of your skin

The suppleness of your flesh

Your eyes still speak a truth beyond words

And your lips

Oh those lovely beckoning lips

Their cherry sweetness still remains unknown to me

Yet who says tt ever will be

For now it seems there is more than I can see

There remains too much unsaid

Too little told

Too much held back

A growing gap

An ‘Us’ that’s growing slowly cold

3 expressions:

The Author said...

Ooh! I like your simple, powerful line "Dimming into Nothingness". I also like how you incorporated all our 5 senses (Sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste) into this one. It is an age-old trick which works in all creative writing. Well done.

Nana said...

@ NY, *plenty smiles and thumbs up*...thanks! I guess my inspiration was truly inspiring!

Nana said...

@ Abena, hi & welcome & thanks(?). :-) at you too!

Post a Comment