My photo
Hi. I like to write, I expect you like to read. What say we strike up an acquaintance?

Falling For A Stranger...

...Is easy as warm butter
And dubious like the sea

It's slow and enchanting;
Faltering forward, unsteady,
Into a vortex of possible damnation
And loving it all the same

It's sexy
Like flirting with darkness
And kissing the fringes of danger
Like sticking your finger in a flame
And waiting for the sweet burn...

Like listening for a whisper
On sensual air currents
Or taking a deep breath before a dive


Falling for a stranger...
Is tortuously beautiful
Like a wilting rose

Or an ended love
Like a dark, unsteady road
Only bathed in moonlight


It's dubious, and raw, and true
It's sweet and sour

And something in-between
It's heady and frightening
And hauntingly captivating...

It's a deep gentle bite
That only caresses a vein,
Thoughtless...
Yet leaves you pining in hopeful vain...



PS: Partly-inspired by conversations with a wise and wonderfully alive person... :D

10 expressions:

The Author said...

Great ballad full of beautiful, original, typifying words : kissing the fringes of danger (check), tortuously beautiful (check), ...dubious , raw and true (check), a deep, gentle bite (check).

Aba T. Tetteh said...

Now i want to fall for a stranger.

Myne said...

This is just simply beautiful, I could read it over and again...

PhMensa said...

You've really made falling for strangers something I need to do. Ok let me see...I've falling for Nana Yaw (morehomo), Tetekai (gender not obvious) and Myne (again, gender not obvious)!

Nana said...

Why thank you, NYA! You just made me feel like a million bucks!! #pun intended ;)

Nana said...

LOL @ Tetekai, do go right ahead ;)

Nana said...

Oh my, Myne! That's beyond flattering; I could melt over and again :D Thank you!

Nana said...

LOL @ PhMensa, do go right ahead, dearest friend! :D

Unknown said...

Sweetly tempting! I imagine that's how Alice felt falling down the rabbit's hole...

novisi said...

the play with contrasts is beautiful. love it.

Post a Comment